Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Getting to know you!

Ok, while I struggle to get this post up about the shower, I thought I'd do something fun.  I've seen this around blog land recently and I thought I do it too.  I've seen so many new people leaving comments and visiting and that makes me really happy!  So, comment below and tell me a little bit more about yourself.  I would love to hear things like:

  • Age
  • Location/Hometown
  • Marital status/Children
  • Likes or dislikes
  • How you found me
  • Anything else you think I should know
Don't forget to leave your blog if it's not linked to your ID so that I can check it out as well!
    For all the new readers, I'll start myself:

    I'm Lauren, and I just turned 27 (ok, so 2 months ago isn't just but I still like to think it is).  I live in the south now but I'm originally from upstate NY.  KC and I have been happily married for 1 year and we have one fur baby that just turned 4.  No kids yet, but we've been talking about starting a family in the near future.  I work in a technology field and spend most of my time with guys who do the same.  I've recently started running, completing a 10K training program and am in my 3rd week of half marathon training.  I'm big into crafts, Stampin' Up, paper crafting and recently started sewing.  I'm a sports lovin' girl and love my country music.   I'm pretty quiet and laid back when you first meet me, it takes me some time to warm-up to people.  I've only been blogging for 6 months and I'm really having a lot of fun doing it and meeting new people.

    And, what's a post with a picture, here's a picture of KC and I from the shower.

    Your turn!

    7 comments:

    1. This is fun!
      Age:26
      Location/Hometown: Calgary Alberta Canada but I'm from Ontario.
      Marital status/Children: I'm married for almost 1 year and no babies yet but I hope they come along ASAP! I have a dog named Rudy who is 11 months old!
      Likes or dislikes:I like country Music, and all outdoors activities
      How you found me: I can't remember! I think though a comment you left somewhere else? That's how I find most new blogs.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Age:25
      Location/ Hometown: Raleigh, NC/ Wilmington, NC
      Marital Status/ Children: Married to my husband (wait who else would I be married to?!) For just over a year but we'll have our 10 year dating anniversary this February. Also have a 3.5 year old FurKid, Finley who is a Rottie mix and we love more than anything
      Likes/ Dislikes: Love puppies, the beach and wine/ Don't love Bills, vegetables and bugs.
      Found you through the Blue-Eyed Bride I think...

      ReplyDelete
    3. LOVE IT!! :-)
      My name is Jessica, I'll be 24 in October and I can't remember how I found you, possibly through weddingbee?
      I got married in May and have since found the blog world as my creative outlet. I'm a total foodie and love to cook. Addicted to TV, movies, music and books. I love to relax and be lazy... with my fur-baby Bodie!
      Check me out at www.heartonhomestead.blogspot.com -- trying to fix up our run down cottage! :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. •Age- 23, about to be 24
      •Location/Hometown- Texas =)
      •Marital status/Children- married for 1.5 years, no children... but hoping to start a family in the next year to two years!!
      •Likes or dislikes- I have LOTS of loves... not many dislikes... i dislike veggies. =)
      •How you found me- I know I found you thru another blog, but I don't remember which one.
      =)
      Oh, and I noticed you changed your layout!! This one is cute, but I really liked the other one!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Fun idea! :)
      I'm Amanda, I'm 24 and currently live in northern California. I was born here, but also lived in Oregon, Iowa, Pennsylvania, and France! Been back in CA for 2 years, and hope to stay forever. I love it. I'm single as a...I don't know, something very single, ha! :) I love to read, watch movies, and spend QT with my girls over big cups of coffee. I think I found you via Fill in the Blank Friday!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Age:26
      Location/Hometown: Maryland but now live in the DC metro area.
      Marital status/Children: I've been married for almost a year but we've been dating for 11 years (high school sweetheart!) no babies yet but I'm slowly trying to get my husband used to the idea of them! We adopted a furbaby who is about 3 and he's a dauschund/lab mix (don't think too much about that!)
      Likes or dislikes: like running, painting, decorating, photography, tennis, dislike sitting idle with nothing to do
      How you found me: through clicking on blogs other people follow.

      hope you'll follow my blog as well! I'm new to the blog world too and having fun so far!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Hi Lauren!
      My name is Sara. I'm 31. I'm an in-house attorney. I live in St. Louis, MO. I've been married just over one year - no kids...yet. I have no idea how I came across your blog, but I've been reading for a while and I love it. I've ran around 10 half marathons and 1 full marathon. I'm getting ready to start P90X and am terrified! My blog is www.runninglawyer.blogspot.com - hope you'll stop by and say hi!

      ReplyDelete

    Comments make me smile!

    Have a wonderful day!