Friday, August 27, 2010

One of those weeks

It's just one of those weeks where I don't have much that is particularly coherent to put together to make a full post, so a brain dump will have to do for this fabulous Friday.
  1. I am so happy that the weather is finally cooling down a little bit.  It was multiple weeks of non-stop upper 90's here and it was starting to get frustrating.  I'm so ready for fall.
  2. M pinged me yesterday to say that she wanted this for Christmas, and while she may have been trying to be a smart @$$ about it, I'm going to get it for her anyways.  I love it!  :-)
  3. I'm almost finished with my first quilt, yeah!  Hopefully I should be able to finish it this weekend.  If so, it will have only taken me about 10 days, not too shabby (it's a small baby quilt though).
  4. I find it amusing that I needed to buy $50 worth of merchandise to receive free shipping, so I added a shirt to my order, assuming I would just take it back if I didn't like it (they don't have what I ordered in store).  Well, I got a tracking confirmation for 2 packages, one for the shirt and one for the rest of the items I ordered, 2 separate packages, no shipping paid.  That just seems a little backwards to me!  
  5. Next weekend we are going to a beach house for the weekend, Definitely looking forward to some time by the ocean.
  6. The country girl in me is excited for the Brad Paisley concert tomorrow night.  It's the first one for the year, which is very rare for me.  I usually make it to a couple.
  7. Gap, Give and Get is this weekend, which means 30% off (unlimited use) at Gap, Banana Republic or Old Navy (including outlet stores), if you haven't gotten the coupon, let me know and I'll email you mine.
  8. Opinion needed, we got a quilt for a wedding gift and I liked it.  My friends are getting married in about 6 weeks, I'm not sure if I'd have time to finish one by then, but it's possible.  Do you like the idea of getting a quilt (with your last name or names) on it as a wedding gift?
I hope that everyone has a great weekend!  Anything exciting going on?

2 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! You should link up on my blog party @ Life as a Wife :) I think I would have LOVED a quilt, how special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved that! We received a hurricane vase that was engraved with our names and wedding date - it's very classy and beautiful. We also received a cookie jar with our names on it??? Sort of strange... but a quilt is definitely a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Have a wonderful day!