- I am so happy that the weather is finally cooling down a little bit. It was multiple weeks of non-stop upper 90's here and it was starting to get frustrating. I'm so ready for fall.
- M pinged me yesterday to say that she wanted this for Christmas, and while she may have been trying to be a smart @$$ about it, I'm going to get it for her anyways. I love it! :-)
- I'm almost finished with my first quilt, yeah! Hopefully I should be able to finish it this weekend. If so, it will have only taken me about 10 days, not too shabby (it's a small baby quilt though).
- I find it amusing that I needed to buy $50 worth of merchandise to receive free shipping, so I added a shirt to my order, assuming I would just take it back if I didn't like it (they don't have what I ordered in store). Well, I got a tracking confirmation for 2 packages, one for the shirt and one for the rest of the items I ordered, 2 separate packages, no shipping paid. That just seems a little backwards to me!
- Next weekend we are going to a beach house for the weekend, Definitely looking forward to some time by the ocean.
- The country girl in me is excited for the Brad Paisley concert tomorrow night. It's the first one for the year, which is very rare for me. I usually make it to a couple.
- Gap, Give and Get is this weekend, which means 30% off (unlimited use) at Gap, Banana Republic or Old Navy (including outlet stores), if you haven't gotten the coupon, let me know and I'll email you mine.
- Opinion needed, we got a quilt for a wedding gift and I liked it. My friends are getting married in about 6 weeks, I'm not sure if I'd have time to finish one by then, but it's possible. Do you like the idea of getting a quilt (with your last name or names) on it as a wedding gift?
Friday, August 27, 2010
One of those weeks
It's just one of those weeks where I don't have much that is particularly coherent to put together to make a full post, so a brain dump will have to do for this fabulous Friday.