Friday, August 20, 2010

Single Girl Weekend

We're in the middle of prime Ultimate Frisbee season here in our area.  For me, that means that KC is gone for tournaments frequently on the weekends, there are 1-2/mo.  On top of that there's a bachelor party weekend away and other trips planned.  This all adds up to me being home alone for the weekend.  In the end it's really not such a bad thing!  We try to do our cleaning during the week so that I'm not stuck with it all on the weekends and the rest of the time is mine to enjoy like he is enjoying his weekend playing Ultimate.

For the most part, I'm pretty good at keeping myself busy, if the other guys are around then I'll hang out with them, etc.  On the other hand, I secretly enjoy when no one is around!  That means time to myself to do whatever I want.  I have a few guilty-single-girl tendencies though:

  • It's ok for a meal to consist of either:
    • Baked Potato
    • Cup of Minute Rice
    • Air-Popped Popcorn
    • An Auntie Ann's Pretzel
  • Turning on TBS or TLC or FX (or WE) and watching movies/tv shows all day without interruption.  This seems to ring a bit more true in the winter, but I can turn on TBS and just watch all day, some times their movie marathons are awesome.  Doesn't matter if I'm crafting, sewing or reading it's on in the background.
  • Calling M and talking to her for 3 hours without getting bugged.
  • Sitting in the office paper crafting or sewing all day and spending way too long on one project.
  • Perusing the craft/fabric aisles for longer then is necessary. 
  • Showering but putting my pajamas/sweats back on right afterwards.
  • Going to the mall and perusing the sales, since KC does not like to shop and usually follows me around like a puppy dog when he goes.
  • Go to Target and wander around look at random things, only to leave with nothing, or $100+ worth of items.
  • Sit at the computer and Blog-Hop and find new blogs to read or projects to do.
  • Go to the RedBox (or Netflix streaming) and find the chick-flicks I've wanted to see but haven't yet.  I just wish I had the guts to go to the theatre myself.
This weekend will be no different and I'm kinda looking forward to it.  I'm looking forward to KC's return as well but, sometimes it's nice to just have to worry about myself and no one else!

Most of mine are fairly boring, does anyone else have anything else they do when it's just them?  Anything that's a bit more exciting then mine?!?!

Happy Friday!  Have a great weekend!

ETA:  I've only had 2 people participate in my Craft-It Forward so far, so there are still some spots open if you want to join.  I might just go beyond 3 depending on how many people there are.  :-)

6 comments:

  1. I like to bake, without someone eating it before it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I am writing a book called "So...How Did You Meet Anyway?"
    I am collecting people's "how we met" stories and have also published them on our blog
    http://wwwsohowdidyoumeet.blogspot.com/
    I'd love to have you share your romantic story.
    You can write to me at
    susan.amestoy@gmail.com
    or check out on Facebook.
    So...How Did You Meet Anyway?
    Have a nice weekend.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my husband and I miss him like crazy when he is gone. But I also really love how independent I am and how I can enjoy some time alone, too. Especially when it involves eating cookies for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i totally go to target just to check things out and not intending to buy anything, i always spend money there!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Have a wonderful day!