Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me-e-e…..HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
Whoa! The big 2-7!
In my mind, I am now officially in my late 20's. I've got mixed emotions, today it is excitement. There are lots of new things ahead of me this year. I've only lived just over a quarter of a century, and cannot wait to live a few more quarter centuries!
So, here's 27 things about me to celebrate!
- I was 9.0lbs when I was born, my dad used to call me the sausage roll when I was little.
- I got to name the dog we had as a kid and named her Rudy after my favorite show at the time, 'The Cosby Show'.
- Sometimes during the summer in middle-school, I'd read at least one Baby Sitters Club book a weekend (and repeat them!)
- I was a band geek and started playing the flute in 4th grade and all the way through High School, even summer marching band.
- I participated on the High School Whiz Kid team, and I don't think I answered more than 1 question right in our competitions. Thought we were so cool on TV in our button-down jean shirts.
- I won the Superlative for 'Most Athletic' in High School, playing Soccer, Basketball and Softball, every season from 7th grade to 12th.
- I hate it when people call me by my last name (maiden or married).
- I set the alarm at least 20 minutes early so I can hit the snooze button twice
- I absolutely love ice cream, I would eat it every day if I could.
- If I lived alone, I would probably eat plain pasta or a salad and baked potato for dinner every night.
- When KC goes away for the weekend sometimes I spend my Sunday afternoons watching movies on TBS (or Lifetime) and eating Air-Pop Popcorn
- I don't have a favorite color, I like shades of purple, blue and teal.
- I don't like pink, mostly pastel-y pink. I can deal with a darker pink, but if I ever have a baby girl, her room will not be pink.
- I fractured my hand last year (2008-2009) on NYE playing dizzy bats (Yes, drinking was involved, enough said).
- I always thought I would grow up to be a teacher (I used to think it was because I have neat hand-writing), sometimes I think about going back to school to be a teacher now.
- I am very particular about the type of pen I like. Pentel RSVP Fine Tip please!
- My friends say I have OCD because I like things to be cleaned and picked up.
- I make To-Do lists just so I can cross things off the list.
- I would love to open my own business (I have no idea of what) but I'm too afraid of failure/risk (my husband is the risk taker).
- I used to drink regular Pepsi, until I gave it up for Lent, then I stopped drinking Pepsi and switched to Diet Coke, but I don't like regular Coke or Diet Pepsi.
- I love strawberries and if it has mushrooms in it you can count me in!
- I like cake (preferably funfetti) but would rather have it without the frosting.
- I love white-chocolate, like milk-chocolate and don't like dark-chocolate
- I love a nice hot glass of hot cocoa on a cold morning, but not from Starbucks, yuck!
- I never read blogs until I started planning my wedding and was too chicken to start one until after.
- I've been a New York Yankee lover for as long as I can remember!
- I'm a country music girl!