Monday, August 2, 2010

Miscellaneous August





{1}  I was really productive this weekend but also had a little bit of time to relax.  It was kinda nice to be able to enjoy the weekend and not be in a frenzy.

{2}  I finally finished my Market Tote, but forgot to take the pictures off the camera, so that'll have to wait until later this week.  It has it's flaws but I'm proud of it as a first project.

{3}  This weekend's weather made me longing for fall.  It was in the 70's/80's here most of the weekend and I loved it.  It was great!  That's what we have for weather practically through November.  Not to mention football (see #4).

{4}  Fall brings football and that means fantasy football!  Yippee!  Did I mention that I won the league the first year and got 4th the second year.  Out of 12 (all but 2 were males), that makes me happy.  

{5}  Anyone have any good games to play at a couples shower.  I have the question game in mind, but not sure how to organize/play so guests win prizes (without having to fill out a long questionnaire).

{6}  Last night as I was wrapping/tying silverware and lining a basket with fabric (the same fabric used in the invitations), I realized that I am most definitely my mother's daughter.  :-)  I love details and in my head that is what's going to make this party stand-out from your regular old party.

{7}  Saturday we went to Target to get a birthday gift for a 1yr-old and 3yr-old and spent almost an hour walking the aisles picking out a gift, which mostly consisted of playing with the toys ourselves.  

{8}  For me party planning/hosting = insomnia, so I'm sure I'll be getting very little sleep this week.  When I try to go to bed, I can't stop thinking about things that need to be done and small details to add (see #6).  I'm looking forward to the weekend getting her quickly! 


Hope you all had a great week/weekend!  Head on over to lowercase letters and join in!

2 comments:

  1. i can't wait to see your market tote!! :) and i totally know what you mean by being your mother's daughter, i'm totally the same way in looks and mannerisms! happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait for fall!!! the crisp air and the changing leaves sound so appealing! #8 - i'm the same way when it comes to that stuff! thanks for joining.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Have a wonderful day!