- What was your first impression of Tim?
At first reading about Tim, I thought he was a nice guy, but was rather skeptical of him, I thought it was odd that he left her large tips and always came into the diner. At some point it became a little bit too much and I didn't trust him.
- If you were in CeeCee’s position, would you be willing to help your boyfriend in the way that she is willing to help Tim?
Absolutely not. I know she was young and 'in-love' but there is no way that I would help him out. At the point where he became more distracted by the 'project' I think I would have hit the road running.
- Why do you think CeeCee is so eager to please Tim?
Maybe this is a bit cliche' but, I think that not having a male influence in her life is part of the reason for the type of relationship that they had. CeeCee was looking for someone to take care of her and he was more than willing to do so.
- Who do you think has it harder? Tim or CeeCee?
That's tough, in a nutshell both of them are on their own. Tim's brother Marty is just too far gone to be there for him and CeeCee has been on her own since her mother passed away.
I think that CeeCee has it a little harder than Tim, she has no idea what is going on or what Marty and Tim's plan is. She hasn't been involved in the situation from the beginning so she is just hearing it all for the first time from Tim. She doesn't know the other people involved and is just trying to be there for Tim.
- What character trait(s) about CeeCee stuck out the most to you in these first ten chapters?
Even though it's not upfront, her loyalty to Tim makes me feel like she has the desire to feel needed/wanted and to please the people around her. She is a smart girl but she is just trying to make people happy and not let anyone down.
- Do you think CeeCee is as mature as she seems?
I think CeeCee is mature in some areas and not in others. She is mature enough to know how to make a living and what is best for her future. Emotionally though, i do not think that she is mature and in this case, her emotions are taking her over.
There are a few things that drew me into this book.
- One being that it started out in present day with Corinne and then went back in time made me want to keep on reading.
- Another thing was that it was set in a location that I knew and could actually pick out on a map. It really drew me into the storyline as I searched for more 'location' references, help me to relate in some ways.
- CeeCee's attitude reminded me of myself in someways. The desire to feel that someone needed you. The organizing/cleaning of the house, as strange as it sounds, that is definitely something I can picture myself doing.