Monday, August 16, 2010

Book Beginnings and Bookends - CeeCee Wilkes - Chapters 1-10

I thought the book club would be a great way to motivate me read a book in a timely matter and it definitely was.. . . . I'm done with this book already.  :-)  I'm going to try and answer the questions along with the rest of the bookclub and hopefully I can do it without giving anything away and still remember everything!

You can link up here if you have read the book too!
  1. What was your first impression of Tim?
    At first reading about Tim, I thought he was a nice guy, but was rather skeptical of him, I thought it was odd that he left her large tips and always came into the diner.  At some point it became a little bit too much and I didn't trust him.
  2. If you were in CeeCee’s position, would you be willing to help your boyfriend in the way that she is willing to help Tim?
    Absolutely not.  I know she was young and 'in-love' but there is no way that I would help him out.  At the point where he became more distracted by the 'project' I think I would have hit the road running.
  3. Why do you think CeeCee is so eager to please Tim?
    Maybe this is a bit cliche' but, I think that not having a male influence in her life is part of the reason for the type of relationship that they had.  CeeCee was looking for someone to take care of her and he was more than willing to do so.
  4. Who do you think has it harder? Tim or CeeCee?
    That's tough, in a nutshell both of them are on their own.  Tim's brother Marty is just too far gone to be there for him and CeeCee has been on her own since her mother passed away.

    I think that CeeCee has it a little harder than Tim, she has no idea what is going on or what Marty and Tim's plan is.  She hasn't been involved in the situation from the beginning so she is just hearing it all for the first time from Tim.  She doesn't know the other people involved and is just trying to be there for Tim.
  5. What character trait(s) about CeeCee stuck out the most to you in these first ten chapters?
    Even though it's not upfront, her loyalty to Tim makes me feel like she has the desire to feel needed/wanted and to please the people around her.  She is a smart girl but she is just trying to make people happy and not let anyone down.
  6. Do you think CeeCee is as mature as she seems?
    I think CeeCee is mature in some areas and not in others.  She is mature enough to know how to make a living and what is best for her future.  Emotionally though, i do not think that she is mature and in this case, her emotions are taking her over.
Other Notes:
There are a few things that drew me into this book.  
  • One being that it started out in present day with Corinne and then went back in time made me want to keep on reading.  
  • Another thing was that it was set in a location that I knew and could actually pick out on a map.  It really drew me into the storyline as I searched for more 'location' references, help me to relate in some ways.
  • CeeCee's attitude reminded me of myself in someways.  The desire to feel that someone needed you.  The organizing/cleaning of the house, as strange as it sounds, that is definitely something I can picture myself doing.

7 comments:

  1. LOVED all your answers. I didn’t have as much self control and so I read the whole book in no time, haha!! Love reading your take on the first 10 chapters!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your reading and love for it skills :) You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you about a book being set in a place you know and you're familiar with. I live in VA and have visited NC on many occasions. makes the book seem much more real!

    Thanks for participating :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like that the book takes place in an area I'm familiar with. I think it really helps me relate to the people and places in the book! Enjoyed reading your response.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great responses! I'm familiar with a lot of the places in the book too- live in NC and VA. It does make it more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CeeCee absolutely has a desire to feel needed and wanted. I feel like Tim knew what he was doing the entire time they dated...he targeted her to use her for his plan. Ugh...whats gonna happen?? We shall soon see :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree so much with your answer to number three. I can't wait to finish this book!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Have a wonderful day!