Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer TV

From September to May it's a battle to keep up with all the shows we watch/DVR.  I enjoy when the summer comes around and there is a lot more time to spend outdoors, playing sports, doing yard work, BBQing with friends and bonfires to occupy the nights.  There are a few shows that are on during the summer that I enjoy watching and I'm looking forward to them this year as well.  


Returning Shows
Army Wives on Lifetime
I am not an Army Wife, but I love watching this show.  Not only do they discuss the issues of Army Wives but they cover other real life issues (i.e. domestic violence, marriage troubles and miscarriages).  


My Boys on TBS
I've mentioned before how sometimes my group of friends reflects many of the characters of My Boys.  I'm drawn to this shows because of the 'randomness' of it and the lives of the groups of friends.


Flashpoint on CBS
I've watched practically every cop drama/show there is.  Some might say that this is just another one, and I would agree, but the personal mixture in this one along with the 'cop' nature make this one a little more appealing to me to keep watching.  I like the 'flashback' nature to this show as well.


If you're looking for some new shows to add to your summer line-up, I'd recommend both of these.


New Premieres
Losing it with Jillian on NBC
This year I started watching the Biggest Loser and I started seeing the ads for Losing it with Jillian.  I think the appeal to this show is people are trying to make changes in their lives for the better.  It premieres tonight on NBC, so I'll let you know in a few weeks what I think of it.


I tend to not watch a ton of reality shows which is why you don't see The Bachelor or Bachelorette, America's Got Talent or So You Think You Can Dance, but I'm not entirely opposed.  I have mixed feelings about watching the Gosselins again, though I will admit I have watched them previously (please no mean comments).


Any shows you watch over the summer I should check out?  Any new premieres that you're looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile!

Have a wonderful day!