Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Yummy Potato Salad!

Yesterday I mentioned the Chipotle Potato Salad that I made last night and I thought I'd share the recipe.  I went to a cooking class at Southern Seasons one night and we had a delicious meal.  They give you the recipes to take home in a take-out.  I tried to recreate it last night with some success.  Of course I didn't take any pictures.  This isn't my recipe, it is from the class. (c) Sandra Gutierrez

Chipotle Potato Salad  (I halved it)
6 Large Yukon Gold potatoes
2 Chipotle Peppers in adobo sauce
2 teaspoons adobo sauce
1 cup finely minced yellow onion
1 cup finely minced celery
1/4 cup finely minced Italian parsley
1/4 cup finely minced cilantro
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream (can use lowfat, but not non-fat)
1/3 to 1/2 cup of live juice (or to taste)
1/4 cup minced chives
2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Paprika

Note:  For the Chipotle Peppers and adobo sauce, I bought 1 can and put it in the food processor and pureed it.  I then just used 2 teaspoons (for 1/2 recipe).  For the rest, I dropped them into teaspoon fulls on wax paper and froze them.  I'll put them into a plastic bag and thaw them out for next time.

Wash and scrub the potatoes and put them in a large pot with cold water.  Boil potatoes until they are fork tender (25-30 minutes) and make sure that they keep their shape.  Drain the potatoes, peel them and cut them into cubes in a large bowl.  Stir in Chipotles and adobo sauce, onions, celery, parsley and cilantro.  In another bowl, mix mayo, sour cream, lime juice, chives, garlic, salt and pepper.  Toss dressing with potatoes and chill salad for at least 1hr before serving.  Season with the paprika.

Let me know if you try it.  I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile!

Have a wonderful day!