Monday, May 31, 2010

Miscellany Monday


{1}  My best friend M is coming from CA on Thursday.  I'm so excited!!  Posting will probably be light while she's here, unless I have a chance to do some blogging early.

{2}  I've had to work all weekend and am working on and off today so it hasn't felt much like a weekend for me.  (Hence the lack of blogging too)

{3}  I'm considering starting up half marathon training a few weeks after the 10K program is done.  The next half marathon in the area isn't until November, which is a ways away.  Anyone have a half marathon training program they would recommend?  

{4}  Last night we had a fun 'date night' of mini golf and ice cream.  It was good to do something fun that didn't require lots of concentration after my last few days at work.  (Oh and I won!)

{5} I hope that we all remember the sacrifices that our military men and women have made for us and the reason we celebrate memorial day.  May we always remember the sacrifices made for our freedom.

Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. Love mini-golf! I'm so competitive that sometimes its hard to let my kids win..at least when they were younger! Now they beat me!

    Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mini-golf and ice cream, that totally sounds like MY kind of night!!! i've only run 5ks before and i used the couch potato to 5k program, maybe they have something similar for half marathons though?? you go girl!!! sorry you had to work over the long weekend, that's no fun boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining in! You have a really lovely blog! Ice cream sounds sooo good :)

    Have an amazing day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for joining in the random!!! sorry you had to work this weekend... but hey, it sounds like you'll have a chance to play when your friend visits - woo hoo! have so much fun! your date sounds super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loed the random....mini golf and ice cream sounds awesome
    xoxo
    Summer ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Came over from the Monday Miscellany. Have a great time with your friend. I love to play miniature golf. Gives me a great idea of something to do here very soon once the weather cooperates. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Have a wonderful day!