Monday, May 3, 2010

Jack & Jill Shower Inspiration #2

If you remember back to this post, I'm planning a Jack & Jill shower for some friends who are getting married in October.  Since our summer is filling up quickly, I'm trying to do some planning early.  We've finally set a date of early August.


The new Summer Mini for Stampin' Up has arrived and it gave me another great idea that I am really excited about.  A Hawaiian Luau themed shower.  When I saw pages 26 & 27 of the catalog I was immediately inspired.  That, with the birthday party that I read about Running from the Law throwing for her husband, I was inspired to give it a try!


The beautiful Designer Series Paper and Tropical Party stamp set will help to create some cute invitations.

Also the matching party favor boxes and the same stamp set will be great for some favors!  I think the boxes would be cute with some flip flop or flower shaped chocolates or cookies!


This SU Designer Printed Album would make a great scrapbook for the couple to add pictures from the shower to and even for the guests to sign!


Party City to the rescue again for the other supplies!
(All image below from Source)


For the yard, how about some strings of Round Lantern Lights to hang on the trees and some Tiki Torches strewn throughout the yard.

We'll decorate the tables with some coconut bowl candle holders and maybe some table skirts.


I'm still looking for game suggestions and prizes will probably be some little liquor bottles or something similar but doesn't pineapple bowling sound like fun for a kids (or neighborhood) Luau party?!?!

We've definitely got some music options to choose from if we can't come up with some on our own.


And plenty of tableware options as well.

The decoration choices are endless! I would like to make sure that it doesn't look like everything was just purchased and put up (I hate strongly dislike the word 'tacky' but that's what comes to mind as to what I'm avoiding).  Nothing too loud or anything that screams 'Kid!' but something that is fun and 'classy' (this word seems kinda silly to describe a Luau) at the same time!


Now I'd need to figure out a menu.  The Pig Roast idea wouldn't sit well with some of the attendees so we're going to pass on that.


Googling provided me with a few ideas:
There were lots of other ideas here as well!


Have you ever thrown a Luau themed party?  Any other suggestions?  Any other Jack & Jill shower theme suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile!

Have a wonderful day!