Tuesday, December 20, 2011

#WEverb11 #5: Befriend

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn

Did you meet any new friends this year? How did they impact your 2011?
      contributed by Jen [http://livingabrighterlife.blogspot.com] 

I have a really hard time meeting new friends/new people. When Alex was born I struggled a lot. I was home alone many days and I knew that I needed to do something about that. I also knew that it would be important to meet kids Alex's age so that he had kids to play with out side of daycare. I joined a mom's exercise group at the hospital. When I was there I met several new mom's and they were all really nice. I invited a few to a party that we had at the house to get to know them. We also formed our own weekly playgroup. It is definitely harder now to go to playgroup. I can't always go to weekday playgroups (except in December I can join!) but I do try to go to the weekend outings that we have scheduled.

This year I also "re-friended" a college friend. She had a baby a few weeks before Alex was born. It's funny how you all of a sudden can have something to talk about! She was always one of those people that it was easy to talk to after months (years?) of not speaking and this year we started talking a bit more and it's great. We don't talk all the time. We just randomly send one another emails and if I'm in town I'll try to meet up with her. I really feel like I need to work on befriending more people. I am making that one of my goals for 2012.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more info on #WEverb11, check it out here, and join in!

Check out the other replies for today's prompt!


1 comment:

  1. A mom exercise group is a great idea! I'll have to look into that post-baby. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Have a wonderful day!