Wednesday, December 21, 2011

24 Christmas Questions

I saw Little Moments Like This post this today and I thought it would be fun to do the same!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? It depends.  I'm mostly a wrapper, but I do love a good gift bag.  Depends on the gift, if it's hard to wrap (and Kurt won't do it for me) then I go with the gift bag.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. For as long as I can remember we've had artificial at my parents and we got an artificial one a few years ago.  I honestly don't know if we'll ever get a real one (I know some of you are cringing at that). 

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.  Since I don't do Black Friday shopping, I use that to get decorations out.

4. When do you take the tree down? Before New Years.  Generally 3-4 days after Christmas (depending on travel).

5. Do you like eggnog? I just told my husband this the other day, I have never even tasted EggNog.  I really should.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmm, I don't know if I really have one.  I loved my cabbage patch dolls though!

7. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I just told Kurt that I wanted to get the Willow Tree House one.  I think it would be fun to get Alex a plush one like I've seen around the blog world lately.
 
8. Hardest person to buy for? Kurt.  He's totally the person that does his research and buys it when he has a bonus or something.  He has every tech gadget out there!  I can never figure out what to get him. 

9. Easiest person to buy for? Alex - there are so many great kids toys out there.  I had to stop myself.  I did my best at keeping it low key this year since he really has no idea what is going on, but it was so hard!


10. Mail or email Christmas cards?  Mail!  I love the Erin Condren cards we got this year!  (repeat from yesterday's post)



11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmmm, I really can't think of one.  I've gotten a few from random people that weren't really my cup of tea (not my style clothes, etc), but nothing that was terrible.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? This is hard.  I love Christmas movies (and music).  I love "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", "Elf" and all the Hallmark channel movies too!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?  I'd like to say like October or something, but so not true.  I used to take 2 days off from work and do all my Christmas shopping then.  This year, I spread it out so that I could take Alex to playgroup and do some shopping.  I started in early December.

14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can remember

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?  7-Steps (can you make them w/o coconut - guess that would only be 6), Peanut Butter Butterscotch/Choc Chip Rice Krispies.  Umm, all of them! :-)

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I'm a white lights only girl.  I don't have any colored ones in my house!
17. Favorite Christmas song? I LOVE Christmas music.  I like every variety, my favorites are probably more religious, like "Angels we Have Heard on High/Gloria", "Silent Night", "O Come All Ye Faithful".  For "non-religious", I'm becoming a huge fan of the Sugarland Gold and Green Album.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This year - Home!  And I am soooo excited about that.  Usually, it goes something like this.  About 3 days before Christmas, drive 13hrs to the in-laws, on Christmas Eve, drive 3hrs to Kurt's Grandmother's and back, on Christmas morning (at like 5), drive 4hrs to my parents, 3-4 days after Christmas, drive 13hrs home.  Ugh, that's like 36hrs over 6-7days!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?  Dasher, Dancer, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Prancer, Vixen, Rudolph - I think I got them all!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have a star that I bought when we got our tree from Target. 

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I've always done Christmas morning (sometimes with PJ's on Christmas Eve).  With weird travel, we've done gifts 2-days before, then family gifts on Christmas Eve and then gifts with my parents on Christmas day.  This year, we're doing Christmas morning, with PJ's Christmas eve, though I don't know if I'll wrap the PJ's this year.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Traffic/driving/drivers!  I have to go by a shopping center to get home from work, it's kinda hard to avoid and oh my goodness the ppl going to WalMart drive me ca-razy!  Then there's driving around the mall and trying to find a parking spot.  Makes me think I really need to find a new way home and do online shopping!

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?  We usually use the white and silver bulbs that we bought.  We have a few sports ones that we've been given.  This year I love the First Christmas ornament we got Alex and I can't wait to start a new tradition and get him a new one each year.  Theme wise, I stick with silver and white, plus either blue or red depending on the room.  And then snowmen!

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? I really didn't have anything I really wanted this year.  I made a "wish-list" of things that I wouldn't mind, but nothing that was an I really want. 


And because I couldn't resist, this is what Alex is wearing today.  "Elf-Sized"  I love it!!!


I really need to go take some more Christmas pictures tonight!!

3 comments:

Comments make me smile!

Have a wonderful day!