Friday, April 29, 2011

Maternity/Pregnancy Must-Haves

So far, I've had a super easy pregnancy.  I had a few go-to items, websites and clothing stores, etc that I thought I'd share.  Feel free to chime in if you have any other suggestions!

Amazon Mom.  Any moms or dad's or caregivers out there can sign up for it.  The great part, free 2-day shipping for the first 3 months and then you can extend it for up to a year based on your purchases. 


Maternity Wardrobe  My maternity wardrobe came from 4 stores, Gap, Old Navy, Motherhood Maternity and a few things from Target.  Luckily a lot of what I have was gifted to my by my awesome mom and dad for Christmas and randomly because they're awesome.  A few essentials throughout:  maternity tanks from Gap, jeans from Gap and Old Navy.  Some great tees from motherhood and Gap.  I would say that I lucked out, I don't have to dress up for work really, so jeans and whatever shirt I find is ok.


Vitamins and Heartburn/Indigestion  I hate having to swallow big pills, I just can't do it.  So I found these great vitamins at Target and I've taken them throughout.  I wouldn't say that they're the best tasting but it's better than the alternative.  I only had a small encounter with nausea but there has definitely been heartburn and indigestion along the way.  I'm pretty sure for more than half of my pregnancy I've taken at least 2 of these Tums per day.  Thank goodness for chewables and the orange cream isn't half bad!

Books/Magazines/Online Sites/iPhone Apps  So far I haven't really been all that into reading the books.  I have WTEWE of course and use it as a reference when I have any questions, etc.  I usually go to babycenter for most of my information/weekly updates.  I do have 2 books that I plan to start reading (umm, like should have started yesterday) about breastfeeding and sleep, etc.  I'll let you know if I'd recommend them, obviously after he arrives.
BabyCenter has an iPhone App, but I also have an App called 'BabyBump.  It allows you to keep track of your weekly pictures, read weekly updates, there's a kick-counter, a place to journal your 'stats', naming section and soon to be useful a section for tracking contractions.
 Excuse my 33week picture which I dislike

 As a Christmas gift, hubs got a book from his cousin and her husband that I think he has found rather helpful. Pregnancy Suck for Men, What to do when your Miracle makes you Miserable. I've skimmed some of it and not only is it funny but some of it is definitely true.  You might want to buy this for your future baby daddy or any future dads that you know!

Food  I'm pretty much hungry all the time right now, but there are some particulars that I can't get enough of.
SoBE Lifewater Yumberry Pomegranate, Freezie Pops/Popsicles, Ice Cream/Frozen Custard and small ice cubes!

Any other pregnant momma's out there have different must-haves that they'd recommend?

1 comment:

  1. I love Amazon Mom. I got a great deal on diapers last month with a coupon out of Parents magazine. I guess they've stopped doing the coupons for now but I hope they start up again!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Have a wonderful day!