Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Baby Details!

Thanks for your nice comments yesterday!  There are some things that I want to remember so I just wanted to recap them. Sorry if this post is long and wordy, the video at the end is funny!  :-)

October 2 - Our friends are getting married!  (Remember their gift here)  I realize that I'm a few (3) days 'late' so I decide not to drink but get grilled by my friends, relentlessly.  This is a rather routine occurrence with them, they drive me crazy when they find out that I'm not drinking.  C knew that I hadn't tested and she even wanted to walk next door while we were getting our hair done to buy one for me to take but I told her no, it was too early.

October 3 - K leaves at 4AM to go finish an ultimate tournament in the hopes his team makes it to Nationals (and they do)!  All day long I sit home a wonder what should I do.  Should I wait.  M finally convinces me to go to the store and get a pregnancy test.  I swear she had to talk me into it.  Fact:  I'd never had to do it before I was terrified.  Finally I go and tell M that I will txt her after K gets home and tell her.  At about 5:30 I decide to take the test, K said he'd be home by 8 or so.  So I go and it instantly comes up with 2 lines.  I didn't have to wait 5 minutes, it was positive.  My hands were shaking and I just sat there, not knowing what to do.  The rest of the night was kind of a blur.  The newlyweds stopped by real quick before they went to their honeymoon so we could take care of the house/mail and I am shocked that I didn't just blurt it out to them.  K finally comes home at 11:00 at night.  Seriously?  I've had to sit here over 5hrs and not tell anyone it was killing me!   At this point I was exhausted I did a lot over the weekend for the wedding, so I turn to him and just say, I really don't know how to tell you this and just hand him the pregnancy test.  His reply?  "Yeah, my boys can swim!"  That's my husband for you.  I txt M to ask her if she wanted to be called Aunt M and she says she screamed she was so excited.  We pretty much just floated through the whole rest of the week in a blur. I took a second test a few days later.

October 23 - If you remember my parents were in town, we decided that we wanted to tell them in person.  So we went out to dinner for their anniversary, handed them a card and then K said "unfortunately you're present won't be here until June, you're going to be grandparents."  My mom was excited and my dad was pretty much floored, he didn't really know how to react, but I'm really happy we got to tell them in person (and my lil sis)!
.
October 25 - First Dr.'s appointment was pretty simple, nothing too big, just some bloodwork and health history discussion.  It is determined that the due date is in early June.  Next day we left for a great trip to FL because K's team made nationals.  It was nice to have a few days to soak everything in and enjoy.

November 1 - Our first ultrasound and it was quite the experience.  It was amazing to see the baby and to hear the heartbeat.  Though I have to admit, it was kind of funny to see K in the Dr.'s office, it was like he didn't want to go in the wrong direction accidentally.  :-)

First Trimester Highlights/Recap:
8week visit - HeartRate - 176bpm & Ultrasound
10week visit - HeartRate - 173bpm
14week visit - HeartRate - 153bpm
Symptoms - Nausea, I was definitely feeling sick, but never actually got sick.  This went on for several weeks  I don't know if that's better or worse.  I learned that one this to help was to each a small snack very, very often.  I also had heartburn/indigestion which I'd never had before.  I was also really tired through about week 15.  And I'm still suffering from some acne, blah.

Spilling the beans to friends:
December 2 - After much debate we decided that we were ready to tell our friends.  Honestly it was weird but since the wedding no one had grilled me about not drinking so I kind of surprised.  We went out one night to dinner and we were going to tell them when a mutual acquaintance was there and we just weren't comfortable telling them all with him there, so we waited.  2 Days later we went out with just 3 of our friends, but it was getting hard to get to get them all together at the same time so we decided if the time was right we'd just do it.  The conversation went something like this.
B:  Lauren do you want some of my Coors Light? (huh? completely out of the blue and off-topic)
Me:  No thanks, I don't like Coors Light.
B:  Why not?
Me:  I might as well drink water (sorry if you like Coors, it's a running joke in our friends)
B:  Are you pregnant?
Me:  Yes, I am
All of them:  Seriously?  (jaws dropped to the table)

It was kind of funny and completely random, but whatever.  Unfortunately there were several people not there that we had to call, which was disappointing but it wasn't going to be easy to hide and we weren't all going to be together again for a long time since so many people were traveling etc.  Plus it meant that one of them finally won the bet and was going to get their money.

I think that's everything I wanted to recap.  Oh I did want to show this video from HIMYM that I think is just hilarious (except when they find out they're not pregnant):  (I wish I could find a clip of her freaking out saying she has an alien growing inside her, it's funny too!)

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh.. I somehow missed you were pregnant! CONGRATS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!!!! How I Met Your Mother has been hilarious this season especially for ladies like us that are expecting! How many weeks are you? Do you have your 20 week gender ultrasound coming up soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read every word! It's so exciting to be able to tell everyone the good news isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Have a wonderful day!