Happy 2 month Birthday Alex!
- Much better in this department. You generally give us a 12-hr
stretch with 1 feeding, usually after about 7.5hrs. This has been for
about 2 weeks now.
- So far the earliest bedtime is 9:30. We try for earlier but you aren't a fan. We're going to wake you up earlier (usually you get up at about 9:30 in the morning) and see if that helps you go to bed a little earlier.
- Naps are still so-so. We shoot for the
philosophy that you shouldn't be awake for more than 2hrs at a time and
then a nap. It typically amounts to 2 - 45-minute naps in the morning, 1
- 1.5-2hr nap in the afternoon and 2 - 30 minute naps in the evening.
Hoping with a bed-time shift this will get better.
- About 7x. 1 at night and 6x during the day. Usually in the morning you go longer between feedings and then at night 2hrs on the dot (must be building up for overnight!).
- Still nursing, but you do pretty good with a bottle. When you take one, it is 4oz, and sometimes you want more!!
- Went for your check-up today. 13lbs 3oz (83%)
- Went for your check-up today. 23-5/8" (60%)
- Wearing a size 1 in disposables (I like the Huggies Little Snugglers the best)
- We bought way more disposables then we needed for our trip, so we've been trying to use them up before you grow out of them.
- We had a few weeks where stuck with the cloth diapers (except for night-time and leaving the house) and they worked pretty well, though a few minor leaks.
- Wearing 0-3 months.
- Sleepers are too short, cannot straighten out your legs. Circo brand sleepers are a bit longer so we bought a few of those. We also have a few without feet that work. There are some 3-6 month sleepers in the washer right now, but I'm sad to put away the 0-3's already!.
one piece outfits are a little too short in the body, I can still snap
them but they're a little tight. Though, onsies and pants still fit
without a problem.
Letters for your room came finally!
- Today you had your 2month shots. Rather fussy in the afternoon and
wouldn't nurse, but after we tried a full bottle, it was like a totally
different kid, much happier.
- In the middle of the night, sometimes, we look at the pack-n-play and there are just feet flying in the air while you're sleeping.
- Still grunting quite a bit.
- Much louder now! When you wake up in the morning for good, most of the time you will just lay there and talk to yourself for a while.
- You like to smile, but sometimes make us work to get one out of you.
- New favorite thing is sticking your fist in your mouth.
- Rather than lay down, you prefer to be sitting as upright as possible or 'standing' on someone's lap.
- Tummy time is ok, but you don't like it unless you're elevated a little bit.
- Mesmerized by ceiling fans and lately the T.V. (better be careful about this one!).
- This month we traveled (via car) to PA then to NY and back home. Did pretty ok with this, though after about 11hrs, you had enough of the car and were ready to get out.
- Mommy and Daddy went out to the movies while in NY and left you home with Grandma. You didn't care and just laid around with cousin Avery the whole time. :-)
What we've been up to: