Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bags are Packed!

Finally, they're packed!


(Yes, they're hanging out on the dog crate until they go to the car!)

Here's what I've got:

Baby's Bag:
  • 2 blankets
  • A few diapers and travel package of wipes (just in case)
  • An outfit, hat and socks to wear home (maybe)
  • 2 sleepers with hats and booties to wear in the hospital
  • A few plain white onsies
  • Bibs (3) and burp-cloths (3)
  • Nursing Cover
  • Hand-sanitizer :-)
My Bags:
  • Paperwork
    • Book from class on childbirth and breastfeeding
    • Pediatrician Information
    • My pre-registration form
    • Consent forms
    • Birth Certificate Form
    • Identification/Insurance forms
  • Snacks for KC
  • $1 bills for the vending machines!
  • Boppy Pillow
  • Things to keep my occupied/document and help with labor (our hospital has the birthing ball, bar and popsicles already there for patients)
    • iPad (with Movies) with Charger (so I can blog too!)
    • Breastfeeding Book
    • Kindle (just in case)
    • Camera (with extra battery)
  • Toiletries
    • Shampoo, Soap, Razor
    • Make-Up
    • Hair care (pony tail holder, headband, etc)
    • Contact Solution & Glasses
    • Sanitary pads and nursing pads
  • Clothes
    • 1 nursing night-gown
    • 1 nursing pajama set with robe
    • Slipper sock with grips on bottom
    • Socks! (I don't like cold feet)
    • Flip Flops
    • Skirt and sweats to wear home, depending on how I feel
    • Big nursing top and maternity shirt to wear home, depending on what feels comfortable
    • Undergarments - (incl a nursing bra)
KC still needs to pack his change of clothes and toiletries but that's not too big of a deal.

So I ask all you momma's who just delivered, what am I missing? What did I bring that you didn't find necessary?

Other question, so far I have nothing in newborn size for baby c yet. I know, I know, I just didn't want to get stuff if he was going to be bigger, which he has been measuring all along so far. Depending on the size of your baby, what size clothes did your baby wear home?

3 comments:

  1. You look mostly set!!!! no need for hand sanitizer, they have those all over the room!! I had to send a friend out to get a preemie size outfit to bring both my babies home (they were 7 1/2 lb babies and the 0-3 and newborn outfits were huge). You can always bring it back!!! Also, a breast pump. My lactation consultant suggested I use it in addition to nursing to help stimulate milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting so close! Sounds like you're all set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My baby was 8 pounds 2 oz and 22 inches long and he wore new born clothes up until last week (about 3-4 weeks old). And really they only didn't fit because he is too tall now!

    I don't think you'll need the nursing cover. The Nurses want to watch you nurse to make sure you are doing it right, but I guess if you are going to nurse with visitors there, it would be handy. We just made our visitors leave the room.

    I would suggest bringing earphones. Crying babies can be loud and if yours is sleeping you might want to block out the others and sleep too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Have a wonderful day!