Friday, June 3, 2011

Are you ready?

I feel like I get asked this question practically every day. I'm not really sure of the answer though.

I mean the nursery is ready as you saw already. The pack-n-play isn't put up but it's out of the box and ready to be set up. The clothes are washed, the diapers are washed and everything is put away. The car seat isn't installed yet but it's sitting in the garage ready to go in the car.

The house is clean, meals are made, keeping up with laundry, etc so that it won't be too bad when he makes an appearance. My bags are packed and ready to go.

Am I ready for the sleepless nights? No way, I mean mentally I know that they're coming but I don't know what to expect when it comes to that.

I've read up on breasting and I feel like I am ready to give it my all but I don't know how well he'll do with that. Will he latch on, will my milk come in ok?

What kind of baby will he be? Quiet and calm like I was or loud, noisy and colicky.

And giving birth, oh wow, so not sure about that at all. My plan is to do what I can to manage the pain on my own, and if I can't handle it then the epidural is ok too. Right now though every ache and pain and tightness is like a light bulb, will labor start soon, what's next. Will he be early or late?

And going back to work is a whole other beast!

So, am I ready?

Yes, I'm ready to hold this little guy in my arms. I'm ready to love him unconditionally. I'm ready to help him grow into a young man and teach him lots of new things. I'm ready to take him places and watch him interact with his dad and grandparents and aunt and uncle. I'm ready to face the challenges that come with being a parent and having a baby even though I have no idea what they will be. I'm ready for the unknown and ready to give it my all. I know that with my husband we can do this, we'll figure it out, we always do.

Did you hear that baby, we're ready when you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile!

Have a wonderful day!