Thursday, March 3, 2011

Painting Squares

Ok, so as I mentioned Monday, we started painting baby boy's nursery this weekend.  We painted the closet and the molding/trim and last night we started wall trim.

And then, then, I saw this picture:

And now, I'm insistent that we try something like this.  I don't know, is it too bold?

Project Nursery has a great tutorial for doing something like that.  I was thinking, one wall with squares and the other 3 could be more of a neutral color.

Hubs says that he's ok with giving it a try (because it means he won't have to put up chair molding, ha ha).

Based on this picture:



we'd go with a blue, a green, and orange, a chocolate, a tan and a yellow.  I'd show you them but they look rather weird on the Valspar website.


Anyone ever tried painting squares on a wall in their house?  Do you think it's too bold and just stick with the 2-tones and chair molding.  Hmmm, I'm torn, I just wanted to get other people's opinions.  What do you think?  (I wish I could paint my ceilings but they're popcorn and I'm not willing to take on that challenge.)

3 comments:

  1. I think having one wall with the squares would look awesome!! And it's one less wall to decorate after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the squares, I think they wouldn't be hard to do at all! A little painters tape and hard work, you got it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I did something similar to this in college, using two colors of rectangles, but I did it with double sided tape and big squares of wallpaper, because we couldn't paint our apartment.

    I love the idea of just one bold wall and the rest a solid color. So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Have a wonderful day!