Tuesday, March 8, 2011

20 Questions

Regan over at The Hollinsworth House tagged me in this 20 questions game.  I haven't done one before so I thought I'd give it a try, plus I can't think of a non-baby post so this might help get me out of a rut!  Head on over and check out her blog and cute nursery progress as she prepares for Lexi Belle!

Rule #1: The tagged person must write their answers on their blog and replace any question they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves.

Rule #2: Tag 4 people to do this quiz. The tag-ee must state who tagged them.

1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are they members of your family?
We have one dog and she's treated like a member of the family really.  This week after 4+ yrs, she finally started sleeping on her bed rather than the floor.  It was like a milestone and it makes us laugh every time we see her there.  I told K that it was like she was our kid who just slept alone in his/her room.  (Let's hope baby C does it way before 4yrs old though!)

2. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be?  
Hmm, I don't think I have one of these.  I'm a pretty 'small goal' oriented person. 

3. What would you do with a billion dollars?
I would pay off my debts (and my families) and donate to charity.  Maybe even build a dream house or travel. 

4. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood? 
Usually a hug helps the most or finding something to do to put my mind elsewhere.

5. What is your bedtime routine? 
Pretty simple, brush my teeth, floss (getting a lot better at doing this), take out my contacts, go to the bathroom, and get changed.  Yeah, I don't take off my make-up at night.  Oops.

6. What activities did you do in High School? If you could go back, would you do the same stuff or something different?
What didn't I do?  I swear I don't know how my parents put up with me.  I did soccer, basketball, softball, Key Club, Student Council, Band (including Marching/Pep Band), Choir (including select choir), Yearbook.  Hmmm, I think I'm missing something.

7. What kind of books do you read?
I read mostly what people would categorize as 'chick list'.  I love Nicholas Sparks.  I read 'The Help' and 'The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes' outside of my normal list and liked them.  Always looking for suggestions.

8. How do you see yourself in 10 years? 
Hopefully our family is complete and our kids will be doing many different things.  I plan to work and hopefully we'll be close to our immediate families.

9. What’s your fear? 
Right now, being a mom is feeling kinda scary.  I'm excited but oh so scared.  The giving birth thing is right up there too.

10. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space? 
Ummm, no, I'm not really into science-y stuff so outer space is just 'meh' to me.  I love me some chocolate!

11. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Hit the snooze button!  :-)  Then hit up the restroom, because I can't go more than a few hours!

12. If you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be?
Not sure how to answer this?  His dedication to playing Ultimate Frisbee.  Sounds weird but he plays so often (esp in the summer) that sometimes it can be annoying to plan things.

13. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I like my name.  Sometimes though I'd like to change to Elizabeth (middle name).  I really like that one too, but I like Lauren, it's not too common.  Though if baby c was a girl, I had a name picked out already!

14. If you had to choose between six months of sun or six months of rain, what would you choose? 
Duh, sun!  I hate rain!

15. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
Right now, I'd have to agree with Regan, I want a turkey sandwich!  Sounds completely ridiculous.  Or a glass of wine, but that's drinking, not eating.  :-)

16. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most?
Finding new blogs and hearing from readers!  Some days comments are like crack.  They turn my bad day around!

17. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?
Can I have both?  At the same time?  :-)

18. What items are in your purse right now?
Wallet, Phone, Keys, Hand sanitizer, lots of receipts, grocery list and paint colors.

20. What do you watch on television that you know you shouldn’t? 
In general probably just too much television.  Though I used to watch John and Kate plus 8 and it took me a while to stop watching after that whole catastrophe.

I tag . . . . . (at least go check out their awesome blogs!)

Katie at Oui, Bien Sur
Ashley at Mrs. AshCakes

and anyone else that wants to join in . . . . .  :-)

2 comments:

  1. I would probably do all the same things with my billion dollars but I'd definitely travel too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, was there anything you WEREN'T involved in during high school?! You must have been busy non-stop!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Have a wonderful day!