- What is your least favorite food?
My least favorite food would have to be muscles or clams or scallops. They're just a bit too slimey for my tastes. (shudder)
- As a past wedding guest, what is one thing that annoys you? How did you (or plan to) avoid it at your own wedding? (whew, sorry, long answer, brace yourself!)
For me there were 2 things that annoyed me. The first I suspect is common and unavoidable in some situations, 'the gap'. Mostly common in Catholic weddings, but I went to a wedding where we had to wait 2 hours between the ceremony and the reception (with nothing to do in between and we were out-of-towners). To avoid this as much as possible at our own wedding, we scheduled our cocktail hour during the gap and missed it ourselves. Honestly we never had any intention of attending a cocktail hour, so this was the best option for us, though I do know it's unavoidable so I try my hardest to understand and not be annoyed when it does happen.
The second thing was kind of more of a bride thing, but as a guest I was all kind of like, it's a little upsetting that we didn't get a picture with the bride-and-groom at all. I mean if it was me I would want to remember everyone. So when it was our turn. During our cocktail hour, when everyone was in the other room and our formal pics were taken, we sent the Bridal Party on a mission to go in to the cocktail hour and find groups of people for pictures. All the people we went to college with, all the people from mom's sided, dad's side, etc etc. We took a picture and sent them on their merry way back to the cocktail hour until we started the reception. It worked really well and I'm so glad we did it. I think we have pictures or almost everyone that was there!
- What movie can you quote along with the best?
Hmmm, I don't know, I'm not much of a movie quoter really. I'm getting to know The Ugly Truth, 27 Dresses and The Proposal though because I've been watching them lately.
- What’s one thing that will be on your Christmas list this year?
Fun answer - MacBook Pro - oh how I long for you! or iPad - though I'm holding out for the next generation!
Semi-fun answer - Fabric! - I am loving so many different fabrics out there it's so hard to decide.
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging is the people. Everyone is so nice and offers help and leaves some great comments. The ideas people have are amazing and I just want to try them all!
- If you could live in any other decade which one would you pick?
I have no idea what I would pick. Mostly I think I would pick the roaring 20's. Known for a time when people were breaking traditions, the jazz era, women got the right to vote. I would have loved to see my great-grandma when she was younger!
- Where has the best meal of your life been and what did you eat?
This is tough, I think that the best meals of my life have both been meals where I ate salmon, one being one of the specials at McCormick and Schmick's (with a blue crab stuffing) and the other at Top of the Hill (with mushroom Risotto and grilled tomatoes). Two things about this, first, both of these dishes were specials for the day when we went and it's rather upsetting that I can't have them again (or find the exact meal to tell you what it is), though I suppose it opens my horizons to trying new dishes! Second, up until about 3 years ago the only seafood I ate was shrimp cocktail and fried haddock. I now love salmon out but struggle to cook it at home.
- What is your guilty pleasure TV show?
I don't consider any of much shows that I watch regularly guilty pleasures. My guilty pleasures are the Lifetime or made for TV movies that I get drawn into watching when I'm hanging around channel surfing. Once I start watching I'm hooked and can't turn it off until it's over!
Here are my questions:
- What's the one thing you and your husband or significant other have agreed to disagree about?
- What's your favorite flavor of potato chips?
- What's the one fall/holiday tradition that you're looking forward to?
- Do you sing out loud in the car?
- If you could have a shopping spree at 1 store, what store would it be?
- What's your favorite dessert?
- If you could have a role in 1 TV show, what would it be?
- Coke or Pepsi?