Happy 1 month Birthday Alex!
(the decals haven't arrived yet, they should have been here by now. Maybe next month!)
- Not too much of a routine yet. We are starting to get a little bit of a feel for your sleep patterns.
- During the night there is at least on long stretch, generally 5-7hrs (yes we had 1 - 7hr night and it was wonderful).
- You generally sleep better during the day for dad than me.
- You sometimes fight sleep and need to be swaddled and walked for a few minutes. Do not like your arms swaddled but after a few minutes give up the fight.
- If you sleep more during the day we generally have a better night.
- Nursing every 2-3 hours during the day.
- During the night you will give us one long stretch, though we've had a few times where you'll give us a 5hr+ and 4hr stretch afterwards.
- Started taking 1 bottle a day for the most part.
- Nursing is going well and working on building up a stash already.
- We don't have a 1 month check-up so we you weighed at home and it looks like you are about: 10lbs 9oz
- At 2-week check-up you were 20", sounds like you shrunk from birth but most likely they just measured quickly, plus, had kind of a cone head from delivery. We'll see at 2 mo. check-up.
- Wearing a size 1 in disposables (I like the Huggies Little Snugglers the best)
- Decided for now, wearing disposables at night and when we go out somewhere, not ready to venture into handling cloth yet.
- Started wearing cloth diapers for the last few days and so far ok, one minor leak today.
- Wearing 0-3 months.
- The newborn clothes only fit for a few days.
- There is 1 brand of 3-6 I found in the closet that seem to fit already (BabyWorks). Not sure where they are from but we just have a few onsies. They seem to be shorter, glad I noticed them now and not when we started moving to the next size and realizing they were too small before you even had a chance to wear them.
- With the NC heat, spending lots of time in just onsies or just a diaper and anything one piece is better.
- You are a grunter. Sometimes in the middle of feedings and afterwards. Sometimes in the middle of sleep. It's funny.
- Making lots more noises now.
- Generally pretty happy. Seems like you're starting to smile a little bit too (at someone, not just randomly).
- A poopy diaper generally starts with a pretty loud fart so we can tell.
- Started to like the bouncy seat and the swing a little bit.
What we've been up to: