Thursday, February 25, 2010

Reading List


For my birthday last year my wonderful husband bought me an Amazon Kindle.  I have to say, I wasn't sure at first because of the price (yes, he bought it before the price dropped and missed the cutoff), but now, I can say that I love it and it was entirely worth it!  Maybe sometime, I'll do a review of the Kindle and a comparison to some of the new readers that are out.

One thing I love about the Kindle is the option to create a reading list and store it online and on the Kindle.  This allows me to go to Amazon and add things to my reading list and then see them when I am on my Kindle and vice versa.  I added so many books to my wish list off recommendations from Amazon, that I was getting lost.  I'm trying to pare down this list a little a add items based on personal recommendations.

I am setting a personal goal for myself of 1 book per month, so I'm hoping to add some recommendations to my list.  Here's what I have so far, let me know if you have any recommendations.

Currently Reading (February):


The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
I pretty much love every Nicholas Sparks book that I have ever read, this one slipped by me as I usually read them right when they are released.  So far it's a great read.



Wish List:


Heart of the Matter by Emily Griffin
Released in May, I have loved all of her previous books.  I would recommend them if you haven't read them already.




The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Recommended by Blue-Eyed Bride



Nanny Returns - Emma McLaughlin
I loved the Nanny Diaries and some of her other books, I'm hoping this one is just as good.



Twenties Girl - Sophie Kinsella
I have read all of the books in the Shop-a-holic series and loved them.



These are the top 4 on my list.  I have a few others that I've seen on lists as well.  I might go back to Blue-Eyed Bride's list and add a few more to my reading list that I haven't read before.




Here's what I've got so far:




  • January - I finished one in January but the name escapes me right now, I'll update later with the info!

  • February - The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

  • March - The Help by Kathryn Stockett

  • April - Nanny Returns - Emma McLaughlin

  • May -Twenties Girl - Sophie Kinsella

  • June - Heart of the Matter by Emily Griffin

  • July -

  • August -

  • September

  • October -

  • November -

  • December -


Suggestions/Recommendations encouraged!  :-)   (Oh and yes I've read Twilight and loved them!) I have a stack in my book case at home that I've read that I liked, someday I'll pull together an all inclusive list.

Source for all Images

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention! The Last Song was good-- just not my favorite of Nicholas Sparks's books. I'm working on Baby Proof for February-- but I've already finished my January, February, and March reads and Baby Proof was scheduled for April! So, hopefully, you'll fly through your books, too! :) Happy reading. You'll LOVE The Help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on the books you listed, I think you would really enjoy The Time Traveler's Wife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] swapping my books for March and April because someone is going to give me “The Help” instead of me going [...]

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] Twenties Girl, but I’m losing interest.  Any suggestions on another book to read, next on my list was the new Emily Griffin book and that’s not coming out until May.  What did you think of [...]

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Have a wonderful day!